Policy and Guidelines
Please help us to help you experience a pleasant viewing and preserve heritage for the future generation.
- Please refrain from actions that may disturb the viewing quality of other visitors within the Museum compound.
- Do not carry any dangerous items into the Museum compound.
- All other bags, except handbags, to be deposited at the Main Counter.
- Infants and children must be accompanied by an adult.
- No animals are allowed in the Museum compound.
- No smoking is allowed within the buildings.
- Please refrain from touching any exhibits or showcases, the artefacts on display is priceless and in many cases extremely frail.
- Please switch off your the mobile phone or switch to vibration or silent mode.
- No food and drinks allowed in the galleries.
Photography & Filming policy
- No photo taking in the galleries except with the written permission from the Museum Director. All cameras must be deposited at the Main Counter.
- No filming at the Sabah Museum Complex or at any museum sites throughout Sabah, except with the written permission of the Economic Planning Unit, Prime Minister’s Office, Kuala Lumpur and the Internal Affairs & Research Office, Sabah Chief Minister’s Department, after payment of fees. Film crews have to adhere to certain rules and regulations stipulated from time to time.